Full Time Job Opportunity
Retail Store Manager: Full Time Permanent
Our current manager is relocating, so we are looking for a full time permanent store manager to join our
fun, but professional team at Free Spirit Sports!
Overall responsibilities include day to day store management; customer service and sales, optimizing
store performance, product purchasing/stock management, team leadership & training and participating in
new initiatives. You will report to the owner and business manager.
Our ideal person has exceptional people and organizational skills; experience in the retail sector; is able to
multitask; show leadership in a team environment; is active outside of work and able to have fun doing
Specific Skills, knowledge and experience we are looking for are:
– High School Diploma (minimum), post secondary education in retail related or business (ideal)
– At least 1 year retail management experience (we will consider extensive sales/supervisory
experience as an alternative)
– Strong computer and administrative skills
– Excellent communication, problem solving & customer service skills
– Effective coaching, delegation, organization & time management skills
– Strong grasp of financial concepts, including ability to read various sales related reports
– In-depth knowledge of the retail or sporting goods products industry
– Experience in buying products for resale and adherence to budgets
– Working knowledge of some or all of our products we sell
– Active snowboarder or skier, hiker and general outdoors person with a working knowledge of
gear and clothing
– 3 weeks annual vacation to start
– Full Winter 2020/21 Seasons pass at Revelstoke Mountain Resort
– Employee discount program
Please apply with a cover letter outlining what benefits you could bring to FSS, along with salary
expectations; plus a resume to email@example.com or drop off to the store Attn: Elmer Rorstad by
Friday March 9th . All applications will be treated in a highly confidential manner.
No phone calls please.
Please apply only if you are interested in year round, full time permanent work and are located or
relocating to Revelstoke. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Thank you for your interest,
only those selected for interview will be contacted.